221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

@kar221g(oct2011) - Thanks for updating your case. I am with you man, same as you waiting since oct2011. I know this is a testing time for all of us but having said that please be optimistic and i am sure we will get out visas pretty soon. As you can see cool_arian as a latest example has got her visa after more than 6 months of waiting. Just hang in there and try contacting DOS and consulate on a regular basis and all will be good pretty soon. Keep us updated on any progress. Keep praying and Good luck

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p> </p>

<div>Hi Vijai/ cool_arian</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Thanks for your replies, Yes i too believe its weird. I got a letter from client(governament) with  client letter head and covering all the topics stated in the query.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>when i went to Hyd drop box, they asked me to give a copy of I797,I129 & LCA (which are already taken by VO during my interview). I didnt carry them as it wasnt mentioned anywhere, but i quickly got them printed and submitted. The surprising thing is, they werent sure if they should take passport, i vaguely remember VO telling me not to submit my Passport, they had some discussion, some calls for verification and then decided to take my passport too. </div>

<div> </div>

<div>1. Is it a good sign ?</div>

<div>2. how to track my status now ? can you pls provide me all the numbers and URLS (and mail ids ) if possible for chennai interview.</div>

<div>3. The passport tracking status says the following :</div>

<div>"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate."</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Does that mean anything ?</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Any response is greatly appreciated.</div>

@shaky_2007 - what was mentioned in your 221g? submit the doc along with ppt or just docs? or just that you heard it from the VO verbally not to submit ppt? well as long as you r not requested to submit your ppt by the vo then i guess it is not gonna be of any help. These VFS guys are not knowledgeable and they wud have took ur ppt without you being asked to submit. So dont read much into that, probably the VO may return you ppt or he may keep your ppt untill administrative processing is complete. Well you can call DOS, email VFS to know the status. the number is somewhere in this thread, pls chk. the ppt trackin messaage is just standard and that wont change until a decison has been made. As you submitted docs just few days back i believe u gotta wait for some time before you hear back something. Just be positive and optimistic and i am sure you will get your visa. Keep us updated.

Hi everyone,

Finally things fell in place.. a positive one.. Got my passport today with the visa stamping.

Details of my case:

Interview date: Oct 31, 2011 (Chennai). Issued 221G green form requesting petitioner docs.

Docs submission: Nov 8, 2011 (No passport)

First response from Consulate/VFS: May 14, 2012. All docs submitted previously were returned and along came a 221G Blue form

requesting passport to be submitted.

Received passport with visa: May 28, 2012.

Literally the wait has been 6 months and 2+ weeks. There has been no employer/client verification on my case as I verified with my manager. I work on EVVC model. I was working remote during this entire period.

Other things I did while waiting though it did not really move things any faster are:

1. Contact DOS and VFS atleast once in 3 weeks for an update.

2. Inquired through congressman.

3. Inquired through attorney.

I thank everyone in this forum for the support and a special thank you to Vijay is a must say.

I sincerely pray everyone waiting should get the good news soon as I know how terrible this wait is. All the best to guys!

If any questions, please post it here and I will be more than happy to share any information I might have.

Thanks!

Thanks Vijai/Arian,

Even my understanding of the officers in Consulate drop box is that they are not very knowledgeable. Even i was also expecting to get my passport back replying as if its been taken accidently. But this didnt happen, its more than 14 days surprisingly.

How long can consulate hold your passport ? what is the longest time you might have observed holding the passport ?

Thanks Vijai/Arian,

Even my understanding of the officers in Consulate drop box is that they are not very knowledgeable. Even i was also expecting to get my passport back replying as if its been taken accidently. But this didnt happen, its more than 14 days surprisingly.

How long can consulate hold your passport ? what is the longest time you might have observed holding the passport ?

Well they can hold the ppt as long as they want and until the processing is complete and i know instances where ppt were kept by them for more then 6-7 months. If you need your ppt back for some other purpose, you can always ask them back. All you can do is hope for the best.

Does anyone know what is the difference between these 2 replies from VFS/US Consulate?

1. As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

2. As per the US Consulate, your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established.

Appreciate any response...

@vijaisekar I am pretty much the same case as yours my first visa was denied in EVC model on Dec1st at Kolkatta.Later atttended at chennai consulate with EC model(Primary vendor as employer).I got 221g blue this time ,they just took my client letter and all the petetion documents were returned back to me.Till now there is no update from consulate.During this time,have you been working remotely to the client?.In my case I am working for the client remotely with my previous pending petetion for the same client.Will this create any further problems?Also can you please let me know whater your client/employer were contacted during the process and what were the documents taken during 221g?

Thanks and Appreciate

@vijaisekar I am pretty much the same case as yours my first visa was denied in EVC model on Dec1st at Kolkatta.Later atttended at chennai consulate with EC model(Primary vendor as employer).I got 221g blue this time ,they just took my client letter and all the petetion documents were returned back to me.Till now there is no update from consulate.During this time,have you been working remotely to the client?.In my case I am working for the client remotely with my previous pending petetion for the same client.Will this create any further problems?Also can you please let me know whater your client/employer were contacted during the process and what were the documents taken during 221g?

Thanks and Appreciate

I am still waiting with hope that i will get the visa soon even though its been 8 months now. I am not working remotely, since its a new h1. My employer/client has not been contacted yet. All the docs in 221g were submitted. Well i think i am the only guy in this forum waiting for so so long,8+ months. All we can do is hope for the best.

God, i hope you hear me please

Hi,

I have attended H1B visa interview at Chennai consulate on Feb 09, 2012.

My interview is taken by Desi guy and have been given Case 221 (g) green slip.

I have submitted all the docs as per case 221 g on Feb 27, 2012.

It has been almost 4 months completing now, I have not heard an update from U.S consulate.

Every time I call chennai consulate or email infouschennai@vfshelpline.com, I get response ur case is under admin process.

@nlnn2 - thanks for posting your case. well there are guys who are waiting for months together and there are few who get the visa pretty soon. All this looks like pure luck and nothing more. Well i have been waiting for more than 8 months now:( that's the standard reply that all of us get everytime we contact them. maybe try calling DOS and see if you hear anything new. At this point of time there is nothing much we can do. All we can do is be patient and hope for the best and i am sure all will be good and that we will get our visa soon. Keep me updated

• 2 weeks later...

Visa interview 12 dec 2011

Docs submitted jan 20

Got all docs back req to submit ppt for visa process jun 25

EVVC model .. Submitted all contracts and email from my manager

Vij I googled the reply which says pending officers review .. If u copy and padre the whole para immi help forum shows all positive replies for ppl who got pending officers review reply .. That gavel a positive hope so hopefully I guess one last step for you .. I received the docs on a Sunday .. Good luck guys .. Tweeting from the taxi afte immigration thing it was easy .. Don't be fancy just say u r a programmer or analyst like your 797 says

@Vijai, I am very sorry for what happened. It is very sad and painful. I wish God helps you and good luck!!

@VisaBlues, when I attended H1B visa interview, it was Indian guy who took my intereview. He asked questions like how much you paid to get this visa, I said I did not pay. He checked my employer, project details . I gave all answers correctly but that guy took green slip and handed over to me and said I will verify the documents and decide. It is 4 and half months completed but no update on my case..

Archived