221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

@vijaishekhar and coolarian - Guys, Its not just the two of you but I am in your league as well. Its been 22+ weeks. I havent heard from consolate yet.. I really feel like complaining their authority to check on them, what are they doing since 6 months now...

Does it really take 6 months to look at the case...they have no value for time..

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update from my side finally after 24+ weeks guys. I have been asked to submit the client letter again. I had already submitted this 6 months back and not sure why this has been asked again. Apart from this the mail states that my case is pending degree certificate checks. Not sure what this means.

Any idea guys? See below the reply i got. What should i do guys?

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending the submission of client letter and degree certificate checks. Please submit it to the nearest VFS centre

Hi All... sorry for joining this group late. I am also in the same boat. Worked in US for 3.5 years, came to india for marriage, attended H1B visa interview on Sep 1st and got 221g green. Submitted all the documents (almost all the docs) on Sep 8. Was waiting to get update but got a letter from the consulate saying that, they can't provide visa since my employer does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employment in US and hence my case returned to USICS.

After i got this letter, i called my employer and provided the details. I thought my approval got rejected and hence need to file new one but my employer is saying, it is not rejected, we can get it approved. Is this correct?

No updates from USCIS also. I can check my approval number on USCIS cast status web site and it is also showing under review.

Because of these stupid VOs, most of us are struggling for almost 6+ months.

Please keep updating....

@shinujoy: I so feel the same.. but lets not lose hope. Apart from waiting, worrying, praying and hoping.. there is not much we can do.. There is no place where you can actually log a feedback or complaint about this procedure.. so.. fingers crossed.. lets wait and we will have a positive response.

@vijai: I suppose they only meant your degree certificates.. no harm ringing up VFS to confirm ..

Hope coming days will have faster response for all of us and we guys get our visas.

@vijaishekhar: I am so glad for you.. I did pray for you and cool arian today..

I see a positive sign .. I think they want you to resubmit your client letter with latest date...and resubmit your degree certificates,..

@Coolarian: You are right! I am just loosing patience which I should not..I really hope that we all who have been waiting for so long get our visas approved soon...

@solmca3 - yes, your h1 has been denied by the consulate. Sorry about that. Yes your denied petition can be reaffirmed but thats gonna take long time 6-9 months and is not worth i guess...Next for u shd be try to get new h1 filed wid a different employer and go for interview again and hope for the best. remember this is not the end and options r there...good luck

@shinujoy - since there was no activity from ur side for a long time, i thought u were already through n bck in us. I know its so painful but theres nothing much we can do about it...all we can do is be patient and hope for the best. Yes there's atleast a good sign in my case after so so long almost 6 months. lets see how that is gonna materialize.....lets hope for the best

@cool_arian - ya really hoping the days ahead will bring real good news and that we all get the visa

God, please help us all to get our visa, been so long please pleaseeee

Hi VijaiSekar. Thank you for your feedback. I called the USCIS call center number and they are also saying it will take 180+ days for them to respond. So i don't think it is not really worth to wait.

Meanwhile, my client is willing to sponsor H1B for me. They are planning to apply new H1B (through normal process, apply in April, get approval in Jul and work from Oct). I was asking them to do visa transfer of my current H1B which is under review since this will be faster? Is this possible to transfer when it is under review.

Also I got married to H1B holder (she also got stamp on Sep 2011) . She already in US . Can I apply H4 now when H1 is under review?

Please suggest.

@solmca3: You can apply for H4 since you have that backup. I know many of my friends who got H4 as their H1 was under 221g for long. I was told your H1 processing does not stop since you got H4 since they are different visas. Also, after going to the US you can get back to H1 following the approval for a new petition.

Just a thing I saw, some cases H4 also there have been 221g's... some cleared.. some takes ages.. but since you have that option, if interested you can try that.

As of your other question, I did not get what you meant by H1 transfer. Honestly, there is nothing like H1 transfer..though very commonly used.. everytime when you shift companies you are more or less getting a new petition approved and not transferring anything

Alos, since your client is willing to do a H1, you sure will be safer to handle EE-ER relationship queries, since you are under direct control.

To sum up the options:

1. Wait for current 221g processing to complete.

2. Apply for new H1 through client and attend interview

3. Apply for H4 based on spouse H1.

Either option 2 n 3 sound fine. you will have to try it.. these days any visa class has become crazy and its mere LUCK. All the best!

Consulting your attorney would be best.

Solmca3: Based on what I have read on forums and heard from friends,

1. You do not have to resign your current job when applying for H4 as you have a H1 approval under administrative processing (though sent to USCIS). The minute your H4 gets approved you ofcourse should not continue working as dependent visa does not permit employment.

2. No quite sure what affidavit is being referred here. But when you go for interview, do carry your spouse client letter so as to avoid any delays there. A friend of mine went for H4 after getting a 22g for H1. She submitted her husband's client letter as they needed it during interview. She got a 221g for H4 aswell but that was to veriy spouse employment in the US which happened within a week. The entire processing took 30days from date of interview. She is back happily :-)

3. Not sure. May be someone who filed H4 might be able to help. Check forums for H4.

Hi Vijaisekar and Others,

Thanks for the good work you are doing by guiding people who are facing issues with h1 221g. I attended visa interview in Chennai in the last week of April and i was asked for all the documents possible and i provided them. It was clear from the beginning that the VO didnt talk to me well and finally she asked me to submit the following :

'A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, budget, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product from the client.'

(Now this Document is supposed to be for internal project, but the VO added last 3 words - " from the client" in ink on a green slip.)

I am in VC model ,My Client is a governament Agency. VO has taken all the documents, including I797,I-129,LCA,Client Agreement, Client Letter. My Work is both implementation and support to the client.

Now my question is, what kind of document is this ? Did any one get the same query and submitted any document, was it accepted ? can they share the format ? Most importantly i want to know, as this is govt project, there is no preexisting document with these details, so I create a 3-page document with these asked specifications (description,budget, status ...) on the client letter head signed by my manager . Can this be submitted ?

Pls advise.

@shanky_2007 - if you are working at client site then you dont need the internal project docs. this is required only if you are working for an inhouse project at your employers location. I am not sure why VO had asked you for this. Did you clearly mention that you work for client and not inhouse? its kinda wierd that internal proj spec docs have been asked for client project. May be you and your emplyer/client should clearly mention this to them...

@shanky_2007: As mentioned by Vijai.. it is kind of weird that they ask for documents that have contradicting meaning...

Anyhow.. all they look for is that the letter should be from End Client (on their letter head) detailing your start date, designation, duties. duration that you are expected to work, physical location (this address should match LCA, I-129).

Preferably, if you can get client to add that your employer (or sponsor) is responsible for your work (to clear ee-er relationship query).

Hope that helps! All the best!

hi everyone.. finally an update from my side ..

After 6 months 2 weeks wait, got a courier today from VFS.. all documents I had submitted were returned along with a 221G blue form stating "please submit passport through VFS".

Will submit my passport tomorrow and hope things progress ... will keep you guys posted

hi everyone.. finally an update from my side ..

After 6 months 2 weeks wait, got a courier today from VFS.. all documents I had submitted were returned along with a 221G blue form stating "please submit passport through VFS".

Will submit my passport tomorrow and hope things progress ... will keep you guys posted

Congrats ma friend, i know u will make it :) The long wait was worth it and finally happy happy ending. Be happy and grateful that u got to spend all of this time with your family. Pray for me as well :)

God you hear me? Please get ma visa soon as well and i know you will

Vijai,

I am waiting with 221(g) green since OCT 2011.

Here is the brief information

Interview Date - 04 Oct 2011; handed over 221(g) green for me and my wife (new H4).

Submitted all documents along with passport on 07 Oct 2011.

Received my passports with the same Green 221(g) and it has a hard written sentence.

Returning Passports, No actions required....

I am still waiting to hear any updates.

I am working directly in my office. No Vendor in between.

Thanks

Archived