221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@spe

Interview Date :12 dec 2011, 221g Green with almost all documents.

Submission date :13 dec 2011

Heard Back: 21 Mar 2011 with 221g Blue to submit the passport with DS160, 797 ,I29 , But the Admin Processing Still Continues but got back all the Documents i submitted Initially.

Currently :Totally Tensed

DId not understand why is the Admin Processing still there when they returned all the documents back ??

@visablues,

I am going to apply h4..my husband's h1b was also pending under 221g pink but his got cleared in 2 weeks so he is back to usa..I have been waiting for 6 weeks no news, so decided to apply h4 and leave my h1b as i cant wait longer here with my kids

14th feb 2012: 221g green

21th feb 2012: got the passport back with 221g blue and have been waiting

mystery

Hi All..here is my case.. EVC

H1B extension

1st Interview: Dec 1, 2011 Chennai

Handed 221G green form requesting for petitioner related documents.

Documents submitted on Dec 12 at Hyd VFS

Requested Senate office help on Feb 18, 2012.

Consulate replied to Senate office that case is under admin processing etc., standard response ....on Fe 23, 2012..no update yet

Meanwhile, I applied for a new H1B petition with another employer. Went for Visa interview at Kolkata on Jan 9..again got 221G orange form requesting to submit petitioner related documents.

Documents submitted on Jan 17, 2012

Email from VFS Kolkata ... March 21

Your passport with ref no.XXXXXXXXX is ready for delivery by courier except H.A.L.You may also collect it Today from the VFS Kolkata centre between 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Really excited as no one from new employer got denial in past.

Received ppt on Mar 23 without stamp and included a letter explaining about the denial...same standard letter....no specific information is provided.

My previous 221G at chennai is still under admin processing.

Is there anyone who got re-affirmation of petition returned to USCIS. If yes, how long it takes...

Its really frustrating...but nothing much we can do...took one step ahead and applied for new H1 but stil of no use.

Filing new petition is a good idea but you need to find direct employment...

Goodluck to all..

@visablues,

I am going to apply h4..my husband's h1b was also pending under 221g pink but his got cleared in 2 weeks so he is back to usa..I have been waiting for 6 weeks no news, so decided to apply h4 and leave my h1b as i cant wait longer here with my kids

14th feb 2012: 221g green

21th feb 2012: got the passport back with 221g blue and have been waiting

mystery

glad that atleast you have an option. poor me :( anyway goodluk with ur h4

@nitrohaze: Hey Priya.. do not worry.. urz is almost done.. thats reason they have asked for your passport.. soon you will get it back with stamping.. All the best.. keep us posted..

Anybody else any updates?? hmm been a longggg wait (20+ weeks) and yet no word :-(

No updates frm my side buddy. I guess only we both are the only guys waiting since oct/nov in this thread. hoe all will be well by gods grace

@vijai: oh boy.. did not realize that until I read your post.. phew looks like its just us.. Hope the long wait really pays off fruitful at the end.. God please!

There is another person waiting along with us.. (not posted on the forum) and details are as below

Visa class - H1B

Interview date - Nov 1, 2011 (Chennai)

Documents dropped at VFS - Nov 8, 2011 (Same date as me)

221G - Green form

No Update till date.

Meanwhile, she applied for H4 as there was no response from consulate. Details:

Visa class: H4

Interview date: March 10th, 2012

Documents dropped: Same day

221G - Green form.

Progress: Employment verified for spouse.

The wait continues to know the result of both the interviews..

I came to India and appeared for visa stamping on 5th Dec and got 221g orange slip from Kolkata consulate. I had submitted all requested docs along passport to VFS on 6th Dec. Yet I did not receive any update.

Generally what's the difference between Orange and any other slip?

Will it be good if I ask Consulate to return my passport?

What could be the fall back option (return to US) if this current process fails?

Some1 has suggested to refile a new petition and appear for another interview. Is it possible to refile before I get rejection to my current visa through my current employer?

Can I appear for interview in any US consulates within India?

Is it possible to apply new L1/B1, though I am on H1B?

Pls guide....

I came to India and appeared for visa stamping on 5th Dec and got 221g orange slip from Kolkata consulate. I had submitted all requested docs along passport to VFS on 6th Dec. Yet I did not receive any update.

Generally what's the difference between Orange and any other slip?

Will it be good if I ask Consulate to return my passport?

What could be the fall back option (return to US) if this current process fails?

Some1 has suggested to refile a new petition and appear for another interview. Is it possible to refile before I get rejection to my current visa through my current employer?

Can I appear for interview in any US consulates within India?

Is it possible to apply new L1/B1, though I am on H1B?

Pls guide....

If its anything urgent and you need to travel somewhere then yes you can always ask your ppt back. If you file a new h1 then make sure to withdraw your current application from the consulate. Yes you can apply in any of the consulate if the 6 months rule doesn't apply

@vijaisekar "If you file a new h1 then make sure to withdraw your current application from the consulate"

Do we really need to withdraw current application if you are applying for new one?

My latest H1B visa got rejected(denied after 221G orange at Kolkata) but still my old visa application (221G green at chennai) is under admin processing..

To my knowledge..if the new visa gets approved, the old visa application will be cancelled by consulate itself. And the petition will be still valied till the old employer/current employer cancels it. (there was a similar case last year in my company)

I did lot of research on this and got confirmation from my company's immigration attorney that the current application can be left as is...Anyway correct me if I am wrong..

@SD1976: Check with your attorney before with drawing current application. When you apply for new H1B petition...make sure that vendor name is mentioned clearly in letter to USCIS if you are in EVC model. Direct client is best option...

@vijaisekar "If you file a new h1 then make sure to withdraw your current application from the consulate"

Do we really need to withdraw current application if you are applying for new one?

My latest H1B visa got rejected(denied after 221G orange at Kolkata) but still my old visa application (221G green at chennai) is under admin processing..

To my knowledge..if the new visa gets approved, the old visa application will be cancelled by consulate itself. And the petition will be still valied till the old employer/current employer cancels it. (there was a similar case last year in my company)

I did lot of research on this and got confirmation from my company's immigration attorney that the current application can be left as is...Anyway correct me if I am wrong..

@SD1976: Check with your attorney before with drawing current application. When you apply for new H1B petition...make sure that vendor name is mentioned clearly in letter to USCIS if you are in EVC model. Direct client is best option...

well to my knowledge if your visa appl is pending and u go with a new h1 then u have to/can withdraw previous appli in consulate itself. since ur case is denied i doubt ur previous application is still under process/valid

@vijai: I so agree with you.. No matter who is inquiring (Applicant, attorney, senator's office) the response has been the same till date. It is extremely frustrating to keep hopes high without even knowing when and what the outcome will be after this long.. All that we can do is hope and wait (the worst ever!) ..

I sincerely wish both of us can get a positive response and travel back soon.

Can you give me your personal ID? Just to stay in touch and share information.

@vijai: I so agree with you.. No matter who is inquiring (Applicant, attorney, senator's office) the response has been the same till date. It is extremely frustrating to keep hopes high without even knowing when and what the outcome will be after this long.. All that we can do is hope and wait (the worst ever!) ..

I sincerely wish both of us can get a positive response and travel back soon.

Can you give me your personal ID? Just to stay in touch and share information.

I am vijaisekar on Y dot com mail

Archived