221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

Hey vishal, I havent received any response yet. Contacted VFS helpline...but they give a generic answer that your passport is with the consulate. I called again today and guy on the phone told me to email VFS. But I am expecting a generic answer again as other people have received.

At this point, there is nothing we can do. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best. The duration might be 3-6 weeks from what I have been reading here. Mine has been close to 2 weeks now. Hoping atleast I get some response by mid-jan. Will update you if I receive any response. My email id is deepu3@gmail.com if you want to contact me.

thanks for reply deepu, if i get any reply i will give updates, mean while if you cme to know any thing, let us know.. by the way have you tried calling consulate, as you have crossed 2weeks.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for reply deepu, if i get any reply i will give updates, mean while if you cme to know any thing, let us know.. by the way have you tried calling consulate, as you have crossed 2weeks.

I dont know if there is a way to contact consulate directly. All the queries are handled by VFS guys. And they give generic answers.

We can contact DOS which is department of State. I am planning to do that next week.

@221g_SEP9_2011 - Congrats buddy, thats good to know that finally u got some relief. Hope even i will get it soon, waiting for so long :(....Anyway keep us updated wen u get ur stamped passport back

@221g_SEP9_2011: Congrats! Very happy for you.. keep us updated..

@Vijay: As you said.. its been a long depressing wait.. but hope 2012 brings good news to all of us soon.

@All: Happy new year to all of you.. Hope all prayers are heard and the misery of waiting in the dark ends soon positively this year..

Congrats 221g_Sep9_2011.. :) It really feels good to hear about approvals.. Its kind of keeping up our hope..

@vijaisekar - Thanks

@harinir - Thanks

@221gGreen_Oct - Thanks.

It has been more then a week but still i did not got any update on my passport. friends let me know who submitted their passport any got replay back from last one month.

I got am email from consulate saying they have sent my passport through courier.

Visa Interview Date: Dec 20th

Docs submitted date along WITH passport: Dec 27th

Email confirmation saying that passport has been mailed: Jan 9th

My case was simple....did MS in US, working for a direct employer since past 3 years. Only things they asked was LCA and original petition. The 221g form had asked to submit passport also in the back.

Good Luck guys...I know its a tense situation for few weeks..but if your case is solid, you will get stamping. Dont worry and enjoy the time in India with family. Thanks for all the help I received from this forum.

I got am email from consulate saying they have sent my passport through courier.

My case was simple....did MS in US, working for a direct employer since past 3 years. Only things they asked was LCA and original petition. The 221g form had asked to submit passport also in the back.

Good Luck guys...I know its a tense situation for few weeks..but if your case is solid, you will get stamping. Dont worry and enjoy the time in India with family. Thanks for all the help I received from this forum.

congrats.. .

congrats..did they specificaly ask you to submit passport or just its not striked off in the back??

Hi

Got green slip from Chennai and have been waiting 2 weeks now.

Interview Date: December 2nd

Docs submitted: December 23rd

I submitted passport with documents

Anyone else heard from embassy in the past week?

Hi

Got green slip from Chennai and have been waiting 2 weeks now.

Interview Date: December 2nd

Docs submitted: December 23rd

I submitted passport with documents

Anyone else heard from embassy in the past week?

@lilgem

even am asked to sibmit passport... submitted docs on 3rd.. processing time will be usually 3 to 4 week..hope you will get ut response in this week...what all the docs you have submittted..

Hi All,

Its been close to 2 weeks after I submitted the passport on Dec 27 to VFS with my payslips. The online status, phone call to VFS , email to vfs all says the passport in process with US consulate. I was eagerly expecting the passport last weekend. Seems they take more time for stamping as well.

221g green

Interview date: Oct 3, 2011

Docs asked : employer financial statements, job location lease agreement, project technical specs, client letter , petition docs .. etc.

reply date : Dec 26 , 2011 asking passport and payslips.

Passport submission date: Dec 27 - VFS said, they will give passport to consulate on Dec 28.

I am planning to wait for one more week and give it up. can we request passport if they delay further ? I rejected an Indian offer hoping for visa.

Have any of you had this kind of situation?

I got my 221G green form in November asking for proof for change of client from Client 1 to Client 2. To do this, my employer had submitted amendment petition under premium processing twice but it was returned both the times as the checks have not been cashed. Not sure what USCIS is expecting. What should be done by the employer now on this case?

It seriously affects one's career plans...God, please show your mercy on us...

Hi All

Finally a good news. I got a sms today that my passport is ready. Hoping to receive the courier tomorrow. Will udate the final result after receiving the courier.

Interview date: 3-oct-2011

221g green asking all petioner docs, client letter, proj description etc. No passport

Docs submitted on : Oct 13 2011

Reply - Dec 26 2011 asking passport and payslip.

10-Jan-2012 : Passport ready

Hoping for the best and All the best for everyone.

@visahelp23: Congrats! That's a super fast turnaround.. Good for you..

@darba: Congrats! Very happy for you.

I have a question for you.. between Oct 13, 2011 (doc submission) and Dec 26, 2011 (response from VFS) did you have any

processing or intermediate response from the Consulate/VFS?? As in any client verification or something?? Any info would

be of great help.

@lilgem

even am asked to sibmit passport... submitted docs on 3rd.. processing time will be usually 3 to 4 week..hope you will get ut response in this week...what all the docs you have submittted..

@Vishal2011,

I was asked to submit

1. A copy of the petition with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS

2. A copy of the employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner

3. Petitioner’s Income Tax Return for the last two tax years and financial statements

4. A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site listed. The list should show all employee’s names, their specific job titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and immigration status

5. A copy of the contract between the U.S. employment agency(petitioner) and the job site(the location where you will actually work)

6. A letter (on letterhead) from personnel department at the U.S. job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

In addition I was asked to submit Passport, DS 160 confirmation page, I797, LCA, I129.

My petitioner and I have the same last name as we are cousins. So I'm not sure how long they will take to confirm that everything is legitimate

@Vishal2011,

I was asked to submit

1. A copy of the petition with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS

2. A copy of the employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner

3. Petitioner’s Income Tax Return for the last two tax years and financial statements

4. A notarized list of all the petitioner’s employees of the job site listed. The list should show all employee’s names, their specific job titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and immigration status

5. A copy of the contract between the U.S. employment agency(petitioner) and the job site(the location where you will actually work)

6. A letter (on letterhead) from personnel department at the U.S. job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

In addition I was asked to submit Passport, DS 160 confirmation page, I797, LCA, I129.

My petitioner and I have the same last name as we are cousins. So I'm not sure how long they will take to confirm that everything is legitimate

even am asked to submit all the docs as mentioned for you..let us know if ang updates

Hi all,

one question plz..

my friend attended H1B in London... but he received 221g... the problem is still he didnt receive reply from consulate and more over his london visa is going to expire in 2weeks

question is:: after comming to india can he again attened for interview ?? what would be the process to be followed..

PLZ HELP

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 12/13/2011

221g : Green Slip (Passport returned, I-797 and LCA withheld, Docs reqd from you: None Checked. Docs reqd from employer: None Checked. Admin Processing: Checked)

Model : EVC, MS from the US.

Waiting to hear from the consulate for the past 29 days and counting.

The visa officer was very courteous and asked me a few regular questions like, who are you working for, do you have a layer in between E and C, what is your degree etc. He then asked me to take a seat after a which a desi lady called me over to ask me several questions which were taken back to the VO to adjudicate my case on. She returned with the green slip with just the admin processing checked with a case number 2011-XXX-XXX-1. What could be the reason that no documents were asked to be submitted?

I appreciate all the information I've gleaned from reading various posts by members of this forum. Thank You. I'm in the process of compiling a statistics post on the number of cases with 221g green slips, employment model, waiting times, and success rate.

Thanks

~R

Hi all

this is the reply i got after mailing to the consulate.. can any one plz let me know what does this mean

Thank you for writing to us,

This is to inform you that if your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information

Thanks

@221g_sep9_2011 - It normally takes 2 weeks...so pls be patient, all will b good

@visahelp23: Congrats!!!!

@darba: Congrats!!!

Today 11-Jan-2012.I submitted my passport on 30thDec 2011. i got email from vfs saying that your passport is ready. still my passport is not in my hand but assuming that i got stamp :)

Thanks a lot this forum help me a lot..

Those who got visa congratulation to all.

All the best who is wating for their result. i hope that all get get visa soon. because my case was soo complicated and get resolved.

Hi All,

I received my passport today evening with stamping. Relieved finally.

Thank you all for sharing your experience and giving moral support to all of us.

@harinir There was no communication from them. They replied with standard content that my case is in 221g processing when I asked for status . I am not sure whether my client has been contacted. I guess not.

Interview date: 3-oct-2011

221g green asking all petioner docs, client letter, proj description etc. No passport

Docs submitted on : Oct 13 2011

Reply - Dec 26 2011 asking passport and payslip.

10-Jan-2012 : Passport ready

Archived