221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

We have an update on our case.

We received an reply email as below:

"As per the US Consulate, your case will be soon returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States . You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at chennai consulate office."

Visa interview date: 09/28/11 and received green form

Documents submitted: 10/14/11

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the below email today.

"As per the US Consulate, based on the documents you submitted to them and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular officer, they were not able to issue you an H1B work visa as the Post believes that the petitioner is unable or unwilling to provide qualifying employment and will not be able to maintain the employer-employee relationship. Therefore, your application will be soon returned to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Once KCC receives a petition, it returns to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. Please direct all future inquiries regarding this case to the approving USCIS office."

Can anyone suggest what i can do for the next steps? Does this mean the visa is rejected ?

@devrad - that doesn't look like a good news, i am sorry to hear that. So from which email you received this reply? Did you get back the submitted docs? Was ur wife's employer or client contacted? I am again sorry yaar, its unfortunate

Vijai,

We received email from infouschennai@....

We will be applying for H4 now. Do I need to wait for the official letter and then with drawn this case

we have an update on our case too

""As per the US Consulate, based on the documents you submitted to them and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular officer, they were not able to issue you an H1B work visa as the Post believes that the petitioner is unable or unwilling to provide qualifying employment and will not be able to maintain the employer-employee relationship. Therefore, your application will be soon returned to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Once KCC receives a petition, it returns to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. Please direct all future inquiries regarding this case to the approving USCIS office."

what is the next step?...looks like dec begining is not good for lots of us...

@god2save - i am sorry to know that ur case has been denied... December has not started on a good note for sure. Oh Lord, whats happening? The only option left for you now is apply for a new h1 and hope for the best again, now since its been sent back to uscis, the question of withdrawing doesn't arise. Please don't give up and try again and i am sure it will be all good this time with new h1, again i feel sorry for u n its unfortunate.

another thing...my husband is working remotely ...can he continue to work till we get a reply from uscis ..and if we apply for new h1b when we go for the interview we don't need to withdraw the prev petition right?...

Ur husband can continue to work and transfer H1 to another company. You do not have to specifically withdraw the petition since its already rejected. If asked by the VO during the second interview u can sign a sworn statement to withdraw the petition.

Dear All,

My H1b experience - Got 221g Green slip issued asking for employers related docs:

Interview Date(Chennai): 14th Oct11 with my Wife and Kid.

Doc Submission Date at VFS Blr: 24th Oct11.

Courier Received from Consulate: 16th Nov11. Received back all the documents I submitted earlier and there was a PINK slip with the option to Submit Passport checked.

Passport Submittion date: 26th Nov11. I submitted the passports along with DS160, Original Pettition, I129 & LCA.

Still waiting to receive back the passport.. Its been 10 days now and the pp tracker status says - Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

Friends, I am really worried for the delay in getting back the passport..i see in many posts that folks have got Blue slip asking to submit passport but I got a Pink slip asking to submit passport, any diff. u can make out from this ? What are the chances of stamping?

Hi All,

Here are my 221g green details.

model: EC

Visa interview date: 3-Oct-2011

Consulate: Chennai

221g - Green

Docs req: client letter , technical project description, lease agreement for job location , employer financial stmts etc.

Doc submitted date: 13-Oct-2011

No reply yet. Its 8th week and I am on dilemma to decide whether to find a new job and stay back or wait further. Here is the reply on Nov 16, 2011 for my inquiry.

From: U.S VFS Helpdesk Chennai <infouschennai@vfshelpline.com>

"This is to inform you that your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information."

I am not sure whether the docs are approved and mine in administrative processing or the documents are under review still. I mentioned UAE as country travelled though its just a transit. Not sure whether that takes more time in admin processing.

All the best for all. Hoping for quick and good reply.

@VijaiSekar: I just got a mail today from VFS stated that "As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing."

Any idea what does it mean?

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 10/27/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs and petition with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS.

Model:EVC

Docs Submitted Date : 11/09/2011

Result: still waiting,No reply yet.

Thanks Vijai for starting this forum,Its helpful for people who are waiting for update under 221G Green slip admin processing.

I called VFS today to check for updates but all I got was "your case is pending under administrative processing. Please wait for consulate's communication for further steps'. This is the 6th week since I submitted all documents. So the wait continues with no definite clue on the turn around......

DOI: 31st Oct 2011 (Chennai).

Docs submitted: 8th Nov 2011.

For 221G green admin process there is no tracking to check about the status ,from this forum atleast I got to know its taking 4-6 weeks time.

Still waiting on my case no reply yet.

I have a question my wife is currently working in USA.Can I apply for H4 visa during my H1 admin processing?

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Hi All,

Has anyone had any updates from consulate or VFS?? The past weeks seem to be have been dead slow with hardly countable positive results.. the waiting phase is just terrible.. :-( .. Please share your experiences and keep this thread going.. Will atleast be a moral support for people waiting

Archived