221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

@truePatriot

Do you mind telling us what the sworn statement was about that you had to sign? I was in a similar situation but at the time did not know what that such a procedure existed. I haven't come across many people who have been through such a thing during the interview.

Would really appreciate your response. Thank you!

I was on unpaid vacation for quite a while in 2009 and on several brief intervals. I had to write down the timeframes as far I remembered along with the reasons y I had taken them. Finally swear that the statement issued by me was indeed true and sign.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Interview Date: 27-Oct-2011

Docs Submitted: 14-Nov-2011

Passport Submitted: Yes

Model: EVC

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@truePatriot

Do you mind telling us what the sworn statement was about that you had to sign? I was in a similar situation but at the time did not know what that such a procedure existed. I haven't come across many people who have been through such a thing during the interview.

Would really appreciate your response. Thank you!

I was on unpaid vacation for quite a while in 2009 and on several brief intervals. I had to write down the timeframes as far I remembered along with the reasons y I had taken them. Finally swear that the statement issued by me was indeed true and sign.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Interview Date: 27-Oct-2011

Docs Submitted: 14-Nov-2011

Passport Submitted: Yes

Model: EVC

@cool_naveen - if it has been sent to USCIS then i think its gonna take a long time and i would suggest it not worth waiting for a long time. Normally once the administrative processing is complete the consulate will contact us and not the uscis and they wont convey the outcome to the employer(petitioner).....send mail to consulate and call DOS to find out any updates on your case...

@cool_naveen - if it has been sent to USCIS then i think its gonna take a long time and i would suggest it not worth waiting for a long time. Normally once the administrative processing is complete the consulate will contact us and not the uscis and they wont convey the outcome to the employer(petitioner).....send mail to consulate and call DOS to find out any updates on your case...

Vijai,

1) How long has it been since you submitted documents? Is your case under admin processing too?

2) Out of interest, assuming cool_naveen has someone else to sponsor visa ready, can he proceed with that now or should he cancel his present application or something?

@vijaisekar : H1B is not a big thing for me yes I applied as I wanted to go there as it is risk as the conditions are not that much rosy as that was 10yrs back and I am currently working in good company...so no issue for me and more over I am single so I dont have any responsibility of family...:-)

Let them take their own sweet time if I will be there in my fate to go there then opportunity will come automatically for me thatwhay I believe

@cool_naveen - it may not be a big deal for u as u r yet to go to states and i believe its ur first time but think about the guys who have already made a career in US and came to india for some reasons and got stuck bcuz of this 221g. It is a very big deal/thing for such guys and i am one among them, but i m glad u r happy the way u r....all the best

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 12/02/2011

221 g Green Slip: No Passport

Docs requested : Petitioner related.

I have a question. The back of the Green slip has some documents checked off ( not by VO but on the sheet itself) - DS 160 confirmation page, passport etc.

The VO did not specifically tell me to send my passport, but since it has been checked off should I send my passport?

What are the chances of getting my visa stamped after a green slip?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lil

It has been 7 weeks since I submitted docs. It would be great if all of you can update your waiting time just to assess how many of us are waiting and from how long

Interview date: Oct 4th Chennai;221g green

Docs requested: all petitioner docs with no passport

docs submitted date: Oct 18th.

wait time: 7 weeks

Archived