221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

By gods grace I got my stamped passport delivered today.This forum has been a real solace for people stuck with 221 G,I hope and pray each and every one to succeed in this critical wait times.

Thanks again for your patronage....

Details:

First time H1B

Interview date: 9/9/2011

221 G green with petitioner docs

Direct employer

Submitted docs on 11 th of october

Got 221 g again to submit passport on 4 th of nov

Submitted passport on 9 th of Nov

I got 221g blue today asking to submit DS160 confirmation, Passport size photo, Passport, Original I-797, LCA and H1B petition.

Is this request for stamping the visa ? Can I now call DOS to check my status ?

My case in short

EC model

Interview date at Chennai: Aug-29

221g green asking all employer, petition related docs and Passport

Submitted docs: Sep-12 at Hyd VFS without PP

Request for PP: Nov-17

I gave my visa interview on 23rd sep 2011 in Chennai consulate. I got green 221g form.... still waiting on the stamping process. In the mean time I got one more H1b approved from a US employer with whom I gave the interview before leaving from US.

Do I have to wait for this 221g process to get over or can I apply for new H1b stamping with this new H1b approval.

Please help.

Thanks

Guys,

I have attended visa renewal interview on 26th july in chennai and got 221(g) green form. I am on EVC model and have submitted docs on 9th august and again on 3rd october(for 2nd query). After submitting docs on second time it's been more than 1.5 months and I didn't heard back from chennai consulate.

In meanwhile I am planning to switch over to my vendor and apply for a new H1-B petition. They are well know MNC product based company. As my visa is still under processing in chennai consulate, Is it a good idea to apply for a H1-B petition and go for stamping again for new employer or continue wait for some more time ?

Is it mandatory to withdraw old H1-B visa application before going for new H1-B stamping ? Also I think it's not required to file a H1 amendement for my case as I will be working for same client.

Please provide your valuable suggestion as I am so confused with next steps to be taken.

Thanks & Regards

#254 l1toh1us: my employer and client both have not been contacted yet ..

Do they contact in every case?

I am not sure if they contact the client/employer in all the case. It depends on why u were given 221g.

in my case the 221g was blue for admin processing regarding client verification. even after providing the client letter the VO wanted to check with client directly.

They did contact the client and a standard questioner was sent.

Even I am on the same boat..

It was my first time H1B stamping (EVC model)and interview was at Chennai consulate.

Interview Date : 7th October 2011

221g received : green form with petitioner details checked

Submitted Docs : 12th October 2011(without passport)

Inquired about the status three times via email..

First time reply came that they had received the docs and the case is under review.

Second time they replied saying the case is under administrative processing

Third time they replied that the case is under mandatory administrative processing

Do not know how long it would take...

Archived