Allow Seriously Backlogged EB2/EB3 Beneficiaries with Their I-140 Approved to File I-485 and Apply for EAD & AP

epari_naveen

Hello Fellow Future Immigrants,

White House has began the new process of hearing concerns of people and address it by signing a petition in the website called "We the People". I see a petition there to allow to file I-485 for backlogged EB2/EB3 beneficiaries. Please be serious and take 10 minutes of your total wait period of Green Card process, vote for it and share the same with your friends.

No doubt there is less chances of considering it by the Government in this political situation, just for another hope, please sign in and vote for it. You will observe the voting is happening very fast, people like you and me are hoping for it and voting.

https://wwws.whiteho...shboard/1292749

Thanks in advance for considering it.

Hello Fellow Future Immigrants,

White House has began the new process of hearing concerns of people and address it by signing a petition in the website called "We the People". I see a petition there to allow to file I-485 for backlogged EB2/EB3 beneficiaries. Please be serious and take 10 minutes of your total wait period of Green Card process, vote for it and share the same with your friends.

No doubt there is less chances of considering it by the Government in this political situation, just for another hope, please sign in and vote for it. You will observe the voting is happening very fast, people like you and me are hoping for it and voting.

https://wwws.whiteho...shboard/1292749

Thanks in advance for considering it.

There is nothing particularly new here. The Bill of Rights starts with:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

However, once again, Congress makes and changes the laws. The desired result requires a change to the law. INA 245(a)(3) requires a visa be available in order to file for adjustment. The White House cannot change the statute.

Another person with no knowledge of laws or how those are implemeted with suggestions on how to better waste everyone's time...

Belle, No offense. I know very well that with just 5000 votes in one of the petition created by us in White House website can't be transformed into Law. It just one more step to let them know the concern what we have. In general in case of national concern people gather signatures and send it to the politicians conveying your concern, it is like one of them.

I know it's not going to allow you to file I-485 next day you reach the threshold of 5000 votes, but at least the concerned department would look at it and response it. If you think 10 minutes of ones lifespan of waiting for your Green Card is waste, then advise others to sit silence and close their hands and wait for what the congress and USCIS gives.

but at least the concerned department would look at it and response it.

Unlikely that they will. They are more likely to ignore it, just like all the "EB3" posts on the USCIS blog are ignored (they only annoy all other posters because these posts are off-topic.)

Neither the WH nor USCIS can do anything about these things.Congress is the law-making body in this country.

If you want change, you have to discuss this with members of Congress. Anything else is just a waste of time (and electrons.)

I can understand that you are frustrated, but you need to address your issues to the right people, not just shout out about it at irrelevant places.

Amazing... Required Petitions reached within 5 days and now surpasses 5,000 votes.

Curious... why Belle and JoeF have negative views on such a initiative? Isn't it a good start after 11 years? Major immigration haul was sincerely signed by great President Bill Clinton of course can't ignore President Ronald Regal in 1986 (a Republican). Current Republican breeds don't care about immigration and it's own citizens (10% approval rating).

I pray that something will workout from this Petition.

Amazing... Required Petitions reached within 5 days and now surpasses 5,000 votes.

Curious... why Belle and JoeF have negative views on such a initiative?

Nothing negative, just a dose of realism.

The President is not all that important, Congress is important, since Congress makes the laws. The President just signs them.

Clinton signed a bill into law that made immigration much harder (the 1996 immigration law change), because Congress had approved it, and they could have easily overruled a Presidential veto.

So, it is Congress that matters.

This particular petition is just window dressing, looks good, but doesn't achieve anything. In other words, a complete waste of time.

Barking up the wrong tree is just an exercise in futility. Concentrate your efforts on where things can be changed.

Archived