Are kids(US citizen) allowed to accompany parents inside Ottawa consulate on day of Visa stamping appointment?

jcshah

Hello,

I have scheduled an appointment (04-Oct) in Ottawa, Canada for H1-B renewal and H4 renewal stamp.

I have 1 year old kid (US Citizen).

The appointment letter says that anyone other then one listed on appointment letter are not allowed.

Anyone has taken their kid during visa interview?

What are other options?

Are there any day care, babysitter facilities available near consulate?

Thank you,

JCSHAH.

I just went in today for visa stamping at Ottawa. They did allow my kid (us citizen) with out any issues. My wife actually felt that the VO was easy and granted visas to all the people with kids. Also, to share my experience, I work at a Big 4 consulting company and my interview went well.

The major question the VO had for me is how my MS Chemical Engineering relates to the current IT work I am doing. After answering this the VO approved my visa. Now waiting for confirmation to pickup my visa. The other question I had before interview and clarify to others interested is that you do not need to submit any documents in advance via the website. I only sent an email with my I-797 to the consulate to verify my PIMS.

HTH!

hi

Hello,

I have scheduled an appointment (04-Oct) in Ottawa, Canada for H1-B renewal and H4 renewal stamp.

I have 1 year old kid (US Citizen).

The appointment letter says that anyone other then one listed on appointment letter are not allowed.

Anyone has taken their kid during visa interview?

What are other options?

Are there any day care, babysitter facilities available near consulate?

Thank you,

JCSHAH.

@JCSHAH, congratulations on your visa.

Did your drive to Ottowa?, Any issues at border?

Archived