I-140 RFE_India Passport problem

deep_1977

I-140 RFE_Indian passport problem

Hello everyone,

I am on H1-B visa. This is my 8th year of stay here. My current visa will be ending in Dec 2011.

Now, I had been to India for vacation in Dec 2010. I had applied for pasport change and received the new passport under Tatkal scheme. I got the visa stamped on my new passport and tehre was not problem.

Some how, I forgot to update this information to my attorneys.Few days back I received a notification of impounding my current passport due to the lack of documents provided for address verification. Immediately, my father went to the passport office in India and submitted the requested documents. Police verification is pending. My passport status in Passport Seva portal"shows that "SCN Possible impounding notification has been dispatched".

My green card application is in process. My labor has been approved and I-140 is in process.

I have got the RFE on my I-140 application.

I understand it was a mistake from my side of not informing about the passport change to USCIS.

Now, please let me know how should I proceed further. Is there a chance of my I-140 getting rejected due to this factor?

Kindly give me your valuable suggestions.

Also, if anyone of you have the contact info. of any attorneys to speak about it. Please let me know.

When did your I-140 filed? Before or after your vacation in Dec 2010? Are you sure the RFE is related to passport issue? Which I-94 card copies you sent with I-140 files?

If the RFE is related to passport (very unlikely), then you send all new passport pages, front/back of I-94 card, you are through. What is your attorney's opinion?

Archived