H1B Visa approved but didnt receive the passport from Hyderabad consulate.

rmanu

My PA was on Aug 22nd -2011 at Hyderabad and it was approved. VO , told me , that I will get my passport in 3 to 5 business days but till now, I didnt receive it. Called couple of times the VFS helpline and dropped e-mail but they replied saying it is still with the consulate and is under processing.

Did anyone face this issue in Aug-2011? and if, how to proceed now?

Any direct consulate contact number , will be of great help?

After exactly a Month my visa was approved ( Admin processing completed). Talked to DOS to verify the status and received this update.

Visa inteview date: Aug 22nd -2011

221g slip any - None.

Consulate - Hyderabad.

Admin processing completed date : sep 23rd -2011

Passport received : Sep 26th -2011

• 3 weeks later...

@Rmanu

Congrats! finally you have recieved your passport.Mine is exactly similar to your case.

Visa inteview date: 09/30/2011

Model :EVC

221g slip any - None.

Consulate - Hyderabad.

H1b visa status :- Visa approved

Admin processing completed date :n/a

Passport received : still waiting

Could you or somebody shed some light on this.

@Rmanu

How do you know at that time your case requires only security clearance?Could you please answer this?

Well today I received an email from consulate and similarliy like my case straight away went into admin processing.

Here are my case details:-

Interview date:- 09/30/2011

Place:- Hyderabad

Visa type:- H1b

Result:-Visa approved

221g : N/A

Expected PP delivery date :- 10/11/2011

Actual PP delivery date :- not received

H1b expiry date :- 08/01/2013

Thanks

Winter21

@Rmanu How do you know at that time your case requires only security clearance?Could you please answer this? Well today I received an email from consulate and similarliy like my case straight away went into admin processing. Here are my case details:- Interview date:- 09/30/2011 Place:- Hyderabad Visa type:- H1b Result:-Visa approved 221g : N/A Expected PP delivery date :- 10/11/2011 Actual PP delivery date :- not received H1b expiry date :- 08/01/2013 Thanks Winter21

If you dont receive your passport after 1 week of the expected day of its receipt, then all the VFS & write an email to the consulate about it. There have been cases, where at the time of interview the visa was approved & applicant was told that you will rcv ppt within xyz days but on inquiry they got a 221g.

To nbendi

I am in same boat and waiting for the passport from last 10 weeks.

Here are my case details:-

Interview date:- 08/24/2011

Place:- Chennai

Visa type:- H1b

Expected PP delivery date :- 08/31/2011

H1b expiry date :- 01/26/2013

Hello Everyone,

I am a FTE working for a company as a Software Engineer for 2 years. This was my H1b extension visa stamping.

Interview date:- 10/03/2011

Place:- Hyderabad

Visa type:- H1B

Expected PP delivery date :- VO said 10 days

H1b expiry date :- 12/11/2013

I was arrested in Aug 2010 for Battery. I have mentioned the same in DS forms.

Interview was quick. How long u have been working, w2 forms, did u do MS. which univ.

Visa approved. But got an email on Oct 11 VFS requesting Court Disposition Documents for my arrest. I have submitted the disposition document to VFS on Oct 18th and waiting since then for the PP.

Current status is Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

I attended for H1B renewal from Hyderabad consulate on Oct 7th. My Visa interview was straight forward. VO asked my studies, work history, my salary and current job responsiblities. He took my passport and said my Visa is approved and I should get my passport in 4 days. Its been almost 4 weeks and I am still waiting for my passport.

Tried calling and sending an email to VFS. I got a response got from the Hyd consulate that all non immigrant visas have to undergo processing and it will take time. They didn't give me any estimate on how soon this processing will be done. I don't have any case number and I don't think it is a case of admin processing.

I am a FTE working in the manufacturing sector. I was always a full time direct employee and this is my 3rd time H1B visa stamping.

Any advice from the members and others facing the same would help me.

Thanks

Archived