h1b stamping canada arrest record - urgent help

andy_padhi

Urgent, PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Got arrest citation for disorderly conduct(municipal ordinance violation) in the past. No fingerprints and no mug shot were taken.

Was told its a minor issue, similar to traffic ticket by court clerk.

However, Hired lawyer and got case dismissed. Did not plead guilty anywhere.

I want to be best prepared so that I may avoid delays and do not want to take a chance if traveling to The Bahamas or Canada is not in my favor.

Found below statement in Canadian consulate website:

"Canada, like the United States, has rules that prohibit entry for persons with specific ineligibilities. For example, anyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or Driving While Impaired (DWI)), no matter how long ago, may be barred from entering Canada "

Applying for Visitor Visa:

A)When I apply for a visitor VISA in Canadian embassy,(Washington DC, USA), will they ask about my previous arrest? Do I have to disclose anywhere?

B)Am I eligible to get multiple entry visitor visa to canada?

C)Has anyone had similar issue and successfully obtained visitor VISA?

Applying for H1b Stamping in Canada:

1. Would I still have to mention about this arrest when I apply for H1B in Canada – because got my case dismissed (PTI-Pre trial intervention, 10 hours community service) and have no records with state and FBI?

2. Is this (dismissed criminal) charge going to jeopardize my application?

3. Do I have to take any documents to prove that the case was dismissed?

4. Which embassy in Canada is good for this kind of processing – I am planning to go to Toronto?

5. Should i expect 1-2 month delay for background check and clearance?

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE SHARE H1B STAMPING EXPERIENCE IN CANADA WITH ARREST/CRIMINAL RECORD.

• 4 months later...

Urgent, PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Got arrest citation for disorderly conduct(municipal ordinance violation) in the past. No fingerprints and no mug shot were taken.

Was told its a minor issue, similar to traffic ticket by court clerk.

However, Hired lawyer and got case dismissed. Did not plead guilty anywhere.

I want to be best prepared so that I may avoid delays and do not want to take a chance if traveling to The Bahamas or Canada is not in my favor.

Found below statement in Canadian consulate website:

"Canada, like the United States, has rules that prohibit entry for persons with specific ineligibilities. For example, anyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or Driving While Impaired (DWI)), no matter how long ago, may be barred from entering Canada "

Applying for Visitor Visa:

A)When I apply for a visitor VISA in Canadian embassy,(Washington DC, USA), will they ask about my previous arrest? Do I have to disclose anywhere?

B)Am I eligible to get multiple entry visitor visa to canada?

C)Has anyone had similar issue and successfully obtained visitor VISA?

Applying for H1b Stamping in Canada:

1. Would I still have to mention about this arrest when I apply for H1B in Canada – because got my case dismissed (PTI-Pre trial intervention, 10 hours community service) and have no records with state and FBI?

2. Is this (dismissed criminal) charge going to jeopardize my application?

3. Do I have to take any documents to prove that the case was dismissed?

4. Which embassy in Canada is good for this kind of processing – I am planning to go to Toronto?

5. Should i expect 1-2 month delay for background check and clearance?

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE SHARE H1B STAMPING EXPERIENCE IN CANADA WITH ARREST/CRIMINAL RECORD.

Hi,

Have you been for stamping to Canadian embassy and H1 Renewal stamping. Please share your experience or send an email to sachincvs@gmail.com as am also sailing on the same boat and planning to visit canada for my H1B renewal.

Your response would be appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived