Is EAD needed for a dependent house wife who is currently under AOS (I-485 pending)


Recommended Posts


The primary visa applicant (my husband)has max'ed out his L1 status but he has a valid EAD through our GC process. Our I-485 is pending since Aug 2008. So right now we do not hold any valid visas.. I had a EAD for some time now and it is expired, since I do not have any plans of working for the next couple years do I need to apply for a EAD???

Link to comment

If you don't wish to work, you don't have to apply for an EAD. However, if you are able to travel (i.e., do not have any restrictions) and wish to do so, you will need an Advance Parole.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.