Can i travel to US with H4 expiring in 1 month


Recommended Posts

Originally posted by shreyaagarwal:


Please do let me know if i can travel to the USA with my visa expiring Set 29th 2011.

My husband is on H1 and has got his visa extended.

I do not have his extension papers. Can i travel immediately to the US and get my visa extended after i get there? (i can get the extension once i reach to my husband)

thank you.

IT should be ok..i travelled when there was only 1 month remaining on my H1B . No questions were asked.

Link to comment

Hi all

i have got my H1B stamped in Aug 2011 hyd consulate. mine has cleared 211g admin processing and got visa with in 1 month.

i am planning to travel to USA in Mid of Sep i am planning to send my wife for her H4 visa stamping. i do not have any pay stubs to submit, as i have not yet travel to USA after stamping

i need your suggestions is it wise enough to send her for H4 stamping now or do i need to wait till we get some pay stubs working in USA.

i was there in USA and returned back on 2009 DEC and present i have applied for new H1b and got successful stamping after 221g admin processing

any suggestions regarding questions that will be asked at time of H4 interview are very valuable


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.