EAD and AP concurrent paper renewal

gcproces

I am in the process of submitting paper applications for EAD and AP renewal based on pending I-485. I live in NJ and am applying under catagory c 9. I called USCIS today to confirm where I needed to send the application. They customer service rep asked me to file EAD and AP together at Dallas lockbox in order to get combined EAD and AP. If I see the instructions on both forms the filing address for AP is different than FOR EAD. Did anybody have similar experince?

Based on the filing instructions alone, the applicant may be instructed to file the EAD and AP applications to different locations. But if an applicant is eligible to simultaneously file the EAD and AP applications in order to get the combined AP-EAD card, then file both applications to the address where the EAD would go.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gcprocess

When you applied EAD and AP together you post documents for both in a same package or different package. And still I think you need to pay both fee or it is a different uscis fee. Can you clarify this that will help lots of people. I also have to renew my EAD next month. Thank you.

hi. I mailed EAD and AP application together in one packet addressed to Dallas Lockbox. I included 2 different checks made out to U.S department of homeland security; one for EAD and the other for AP;each clipped to their respective application. i mailed 4 photographs 2 each for EAD and AP. I clipped each application form, check, photographs and supporting documents together one for EAD and one for AP. Had everything together in a priority mail envelope and mailed to the address on the Dallas lockbox listed on the EAD application instructions by certified mail. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I wanted to update that I recd EAD and AP documents. USCIS issued separate EAD(valid for 2 yrs) and AP (valid for one year)documents inspite of filing concurrently. I called USCIS and told then about this error. The customer service rep put me on hold and then came back and created an expedited service request. She told me someone would contact me in 5 business days.

I got following email message from USCIS

The status of this service request is:

If an Employment Authorization Card contains incorrect information due to USCIS administrative error, the applicant should return the erroneous card to the address listed below along with a letter explaining the error. No fee is required because the card issued was incorrect due to USCIS administrative error.

Did anyone receive a separate EAD and AP and Not combo cards and sent them back to fix the error.

My greatest fear is my EAD expires in August and I dont want to be stuck if dont recive the documents on time.

Anybody with similar situation please share your experience.

Thanks in Advance.

• 2 months later...

When we file the application in the same packet, are we not supposed to get the Combo Card? Why should we mention that we need combo card? Also, is the AP really valid for 2 years? Some of those who got the combo card are saying that an accompanying letter tells them AP is valid for 1 year only.

• 6 months later...

Archived