H1 Stamping at Calgary, Canada

betterhope

Hi Guys,

I am just sharing my experience.

I appeared at the Calgary consulate on Aug 30th. I have completed my 6 years of H1, my I140 is approved and I am on a 3 year extension because of this. This was my 3rd H1 stamping. Been with the same employer all these years.

Coming to the point: My passport was returned but I797 was kept. I asked if I could have my I797 back but was told no.

I was asked to submit additional documents. I was given the "administrative processing" sheet with DS 157, Resume and complete list of publication checked.

Please share you experiences and thoughts. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Originally posted by calgary_30:

Hi Guys,

I am just sharing my experience.

I appeared at the Calgary consulate on Aug 30th. I have completed my 6 years of H1, my I140 is approved and I am on a 3 year extension because of this. This was my 3rd H1 stamping. Been with the same employer all these years.

Coming to the point: My passport was returned but I797 was kept. I asked if I could have my I797 back but was told no.

I was asked to submit additional documents. I was given the "administrative processing" sheet with DS 157, Resume and complete list of publication checked.

Please share you experiences and thoughts. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Can you let me know what other documents they requested you to submit?

Hello,

No other documents were asked apart from what I listed.

The good news is, I got a reply from Calgary consulate to send or bring my passport for processing (it only took them one day to process after I sent requested documents). I went in the next day and got my visa stamped.

My recommendation is to take all the documents that are listed on the website for your interview.

ALL THE BEST GUYS!

Originally posted by calgary_30:

Hello,

No other documents were asked apart from what I listed.

The good news is, I got a reply from Calgary consulate to send or bring my passport for processing (it only took them one day to process after I sent requested documents). I went in the next day and got my visa stamped.

My recommendation is to take all the documents that are listed on the website for your interview.

ALL THE BEST GUYS!

I have my interview coming up soon.please share ur interview and documents requested.

Here it is:

Interview questions (not in the order they were asked)

• What do you do?

• Do you have your resume?

• How long you have been with this company?

• Have you applied for green card?

• What stage is it at?

• Where is your wife? Does she have a valid visa?

• Why didn’t you bring your wife for visa stamping with you?

• When will she go for her stamping?

At the end the VO said that she cannot process my visa at this time as she needs me to send her details on what type of job I do (detailed resume). She then gave me the admin. process sheet.

Documents requested are DS 157, Resume and complete list of publication.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

All who have got their VISA after admin processing at Calgary consulate, did you get email with this text

"Please be advised that in order to continue the processing on your visa application we need you to send us your passport (and the passports for any family members that had also applied for a U.S. visa), and a copy of the “Administrative Processing†letter that you were given at the time of your interview. Your passport should be returned to you shortly by DHL Courier. In order to retrieve your DHL Waybill Tracking Number, or to check the delivery status of your passport, you must access the Applicant Summary page, under your personal profile, at our visa information website: www.usvisa-info.com. You will need to provide your DHL Waybill Number, and official identification, to the selected courier location to retrieve your documents.

If you are applying for any of the following visa class, please include the following:

H, L, O, P, Q, R (Work Visa) – Approval Notice I-797

F/M (Student Visa) – Form I-20

J (Exchange Visitor Visa) – Form DS-2019

If you are traveling soon, and would prefer to come in with your passport, you may come in between 8:30-11:30 a.m. Monday-Friday. You must come in yourself. Please allow enough time to be processed through our regular procedures. You may be required to wait for several hours, so please plan accordingly. Bring a copy of this email, or a copy of the letter mentioned above, with you when you come to our office"

I am confused if this means my admin processing is complete and they asking PP for VISA stamp ?

Archived