H1B - How to stay in US with legal staus after 60 days grace period

Recommended Posts


My current project ends in next month. My work authorization is H1B and I have approved I-140. I have a home mortgage and my only daughter is 6th grader and is India born. 

My question is , is there any way I can stay in US with legal status after my 60 days grace period is over.

Link to comment

Well, project ending does not mean end of employment, unless the employer explicitly lays you off. Unless he does that he has to pay you, even without project.

With an approved I-140, changing to a B2 is very hard.

I suggest you discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

Edited by JoeF
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.