Perm Filing being out of US

vissam

Hi, I am in my 6th year of H1B ending September. I had to quit job in May and had to come to India in June for some unforseen reasons.

Is there a possibility of filing Perm in premimum process by a Staffing Agency and apply for extension of H1B with me being in India. Though the staffing agency do have contract Jobs aligned.

please consult a lawyer.

there's no premium processing for PERM application, once LC is approved, you can apply I-140 under premium processing.

Originally posted by vissam:

Hi, I am in my 6th year of H1B ending September. I had to quit job in May and had to come to India in June for some unforseen reasons.

Is there a possibility of filing Perm in premimum process by a Staffing Agency and apply for extension of H1B with me being in India. Though the staffing agency do have contract Jobs aligned.

There is no premium processing for the PERM application, although there is premium processing for the I-140 petition.

Depending on your circumstances, a labor certification application filed by an employer in the U.S. may provide an avenue to return in H1B status at a later date.

It would be wise to consult with a competent immigration attorney who has the opportunity to review the relevant information from your case in order to develop a strategy for proceeding.

Archived