Working for a company in a foreign country before entering in US as a student without CPT

Hi, I have been working in a company outside of the US. I successfully applied as a student and entered in the US. I had thought I could work remotely while study in the USA until I learned from the notice of my university that I need a CPT to work. In my country, I have to notify my employer at least a month before the end of my employment. 

My long-term plan is to immigrate and plan to submit a NIW application several months later.

1. I should totally honest about this work experience, including its end date, right?

2. What am I supposed to do now? Will resignation immediately (but my employment will end at earliest at next Month) be enough?

Edited by alan_smith
Grammar
2 hours ago, alan_smith said:

Hi, I have been working in a company outside of the US. I successfully applied as a student and entered in the US. I had thought I could work remotely while study in the USA until I learned from the notice of my university that I need a CPT to work. In my country, I have to notify my employer at least a month before the end of my employment. 

My long-term plan is to immigrate and plan to submit a NIW application several months later.

1. I should totally honest about this work experience, including its end date, right?

2. What am I supposed to do now? Will resignation immediately (but my employment will end at earliest at next Month) be enough?

By the way, my major is engineering management.

As you found out, as a student on F1 you can not work off-campus without work authorization. That includes working for a foreign company. You could have found this out, btw., with a quick Google search. Notification rules in another country are irrelevant for US authorities. You have to stop working immediately. Or, you have to travel back to your country to serve the notification time.

Edited by JoeF