Second H1B visa stamping after DUI

Hello,

I renewed my H1B visa in Chennai last Jan.

Mar 10, 2023- Dropbox VAC date

Mar 21, 2023- visa revoked. Sent back with a 221g-white and asked to appear in the embassy for an interview on Apr 13.

Apr 13- asked by US embassy officer to get medical evaluation done

Jun 20- visa approved

It took 8 weeks after submission from Apollo hospitals and I lost 4 weeks from VAC to interview date! in total 12 weeks.

I was charged with DUI in Jan, 2020 and it was dismissed 2 years. My case got expunged 6 months ago.

I have my second renewal coming up next year and i'm worried if i have to go thru the same 10-12 weeks ordeal! I've heard of some cases being processed within 10 days of medical evaluation submissions. Is there a faster process? Curious to know if everyone faces 10-12 weeks and how do they manage their work without physically being in US?

Any advice in this matter will help!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 8:52 PM, V B said:

Hello,

I renewed my H1B visa in Chennai last Jan.

Mar 10, 2023- Dropbox VAC date

Mar 21, 2023- visa revoked. Sent back with a 221g-white and asked to appear in the embassy for an interview on Apr 13.

Apr 13- asked by US embassy officer to get medical evaluation done

Jun 20- visa approved

It took 8 weeks after submission from Apollo hospitals and I lost 4 weeks from VAC to interview date! in total 12 weeks.

I was charged with DUI in Jan, 2020 and it was dismissed 2 years. My case got expunged 6 months ago.

I have my second renewal coming up next year and i'm worried if i have to go thru the same 10-12 weeks ordeal! I've heard of some cases being processed within 10 days of medical evaluation submissions. Is there a faster process? Curious to know if everyone faces 10-12 weeks and how do they manage their work without physically being in US?

Any advice in this matter will help!!

Can anyone help me in this regard?