How to change from H1B to EAD/AP?

Recommended Posts

I am currently on H1B visa, and my role is being eliminated and I was told that my last working day would be 2 months from now. I currently also have EAD and AP (combo card) through my spouse's I-485 application. How do I move from H1B to EAD/AP? I am planning to take a break of about 6 months after my last working day to learn some additional skills before I jump back into the job market. Do I have to travel out of the country and enter on EAD/AP for it to activate or can it be done while I am within USA?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.