H4 visa with Green Card EAD and SSN

Recommended Posts


My daughter has her green card EAD, SSN. She is a high school Junior. She wants to work in summer. Will she need to apply for COS when applying for H4 extension next year, or H4 extension will be the same as all past extensions. Is it worth it for her to work over the summer? I am afraid she will have issues applying for colleges if the COS (if required) is not in time for her college applications.

We are in CA, while applying to UC’s and other out of state colleges do they ask for H4 or EAD/SSN? What are the possibilities for either selections. Any inputs suggestions are appreciated.


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.