Requesting my Passport for further processing - H1b Refused 221(g)

Hello,

My H1b was refused under 221(g) during for further administrative processing required. No additional documents were requested. 

During the interview the officer also asked me to submit my passport for expedited processing. 

I am writing to enquire about an email that i received yesterday asking me to submit my passport. This is concerning since my passport is already in their possession. 

I have the following question:
1). Why are they requesting the passport? Does this mean that the visa has been processed and they would like to provide a stamp?

2). Since the passport was already left with them during the interview, is my passport lost of misplaced?

3). Was this passport submission email request sent to me accidently and that there has been no update? 

Please advise. 

• 2 weeks later...

You probably want to contact them to find out why they are asking for your passport when they already have it. Generally, when the CO asks for the passport it means they intend to issue the visa stamp. If you are applying in India, you may want to reach out to our Murthy India affiliate office (www.murthyindia.com)