i-94 cut short due to passport expiry date. Need help

I have H1B VISA on my current passport till 09/2026. But since my passport expiry date is 4/2026, The Customs officer has provided the passport expiry date - 4/2026 as the Admit-until-date on the i-94. 
In this case, when I renew my passport (probably in November 2025):
  1. After renewing y passport, is Stamping process mandatory after 4/2026 or can I still work in the USA with an expired CBP i-94 date (but my i797 expiry date is 9/2026)?
  2. If I choose to travel outside the USA on or after 4/2026 (i-94 expiry date), Should I need to go stamping  (ASC/VISA interview etc.)? or no need to go stamping, but the i-94 date will be revalidated to 9/30/2026 upon re-entering the USA after my travel?

Need help in this matter. Please refer to any older threads on this same topic if there is or provide your feedback.

TIA

On 5/30/2024 at 7:34 AM, sreevats.ns@gmail.com said:

1. After renewing y passport, is Stamping process mandatory after 4/2026 or can I still work in the USA with an expired CBP i-94 date (but my i797 expiry date is 9/2026)?

No, it is not mandatory for you to get another visa. No, you cannot stay in the US or work in the US with an expired I-94, unless you have a pending Extension of Stay application. In order to stay in the US after your I-94 expiration date in 4/2026, you must do one of the following before your I-94 expires:

a) Leave the US and re-enter the US, on your new passport plus your valid visa in the expired passport. You will be admitted on a new I-94 that will expire when your H1b petition expiration in 9/2026; or

b) Have the company file an I-129 requesting Extension of Stay.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:34 AM, sreevats.ns@gmail.com said:

2. If I choose to travel outside the USA on or after 4/2026 (i-94 expiry date), Should I need to go stamping  (ASC/VISA interview etc.)? or no need to go stamping, but the i-94 date will be revalidated to 9/30/2026 upon re-entering the USA after my travel?

Your current visa is good for entries prior to its expiration date (in 9/2026). You only need to get a new visa if you plan to enter the US after that date.