212e Waiver Hong Kong

Recommended Posts

I have a foreign passport (EU). I studied for my phd in Hong Kong and went on exchange to US University on a J1 visa in 2018. I was subject to 212e based on receiving funding for the exchange from the HK govt. I am looking to go back to the US on an H1B academic visa and was wondering how can I apply for a waiver from the HK govt ? I currently live in the UK and cannot satisfy the presence requirement. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.