F-2 to F-1 conversion

Recommended Posts


I'm currently in the US in F-1 status. My wife is with me on F-2 and wants to convert to F-1 since she has got an admission for a Master's program in the US. She has a history of one F-1 rejection in India two years ago. The reason for rejection was a) Booking appointment through an unauthorized agent. b) Submission of improper work experience document. 

My question is should we go for an F-2 to F-1 conversion in the US by submitting Form I-539 or go to India and apply for F-1 at a US Consulate? 


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.