Filing I-539 to transfer to B2 for myself (H1B) and spouse (H4)

Recommended Posts


I am on my 60 days H1B grace period. I am an H1B holder and want to transfer to a B2 visa. My spouse is on a H4 visa (depedant) and she also wants to transfer to a B2 visa. My questions are:

1) Do I file an I-539 form for myself (H1B visa holder) and a I-539A for my spouse (H4 visa holder)


2) Do I file two separate I-539 forms, one for each of us?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.