Possibility to convert from J1 to other visa type? Urgent!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

My wife is on J1 Visa and currently working as a visiting faculty at the university, her tenure is about to end next month (06/30/2024). She is actively looking for a Job so she can extent her current J1 visa. But its market is tough out there.  
What are our options to continue her stay after her J1 visa expires next month, if she can't find a job and extend her J1 visa?

Here are some options we wanted to explore more on and see if any of them is possible.
Option 1: J1 to H4?
Option 2: J1 to B1/B2?
Option 3: J1 to F1?
Option 4: open for suggestion.
Note: She is subject to the 212e clause, and we don’t have a waiver for her.
My Current Visa is H1B, and I-140 process is ongoing.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.