H1b stamping received 221g-Need some answers

Hello,

I had a visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate, India on April 23rd and received a 221(g)-Pink Slip that states administrative processing required.

The officer during the interview while issuing this 221(g) mentioned to be that they wanted to know if my boss had any ongoing cases? My boss has no ongoing criminal cases nor has been charged for one in the past.  During the interview they also asked about the job I do at this workplace. I explained them that I had been employed for over 4 years and my experience as a construction manager clearly. It seemed like the consular officer had doubts. She also mentioned that it usually takes about 3 weeks but may be sooner if they get a response back from the agency, they have to reach out to verify the details & information. She also mentioned that no documents were required from me.

During my stay in the US, I met with an accident in 2018 where I was charged with Manslaughter in the second Degree. The case was dismissed in 2020 and records were also sealed.

I have the following questions:
1). What do they usually check here? 
2). How much time can this take?
3). Is there a way to expedite by reaching out?

4). Can I reach out to any agency myself to help expediate the process?

15 hours ago, SJ9184 said:

Hello,

I had a visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate, India on April 23rd and received a 221(g)-Pink Slip that states administrative processing required.

The officer during the interview while issuing this 221(g) mentioned to be that they wanted to know if my boss had any ongoing cases? My boss has no ongoing criminal cases nor has been charged for one in the past.  During the interview they also asked about the job I do at this workplace. I explained them that I had been employed for over 4 years and my experience as a construction manager clearly. It seemed like the consular officer had doubts. She also mentioned that it usually takes about 3 weeks but may be sooner if they get a response back from the agency, they have to reach out to verify the details & information. She also mentioned that no documents were required from me.

During my stay in the US, I met with an accident in 2018 where I was charged with Manslaughter in the second Degree. The case was dismissed in 2020 and records were also sealed.

I have the following questions:
1). What do they usually check here? 
2). How much time can this take?
3). Is there a way to expedite by reaching out?

4). Can I reach out to any agency myself to help expediate the process?

A final response from the consulate after a 221(g) can take from a few weeks to a few months (typically). At this time there is nothing you can do, but after a month the first step is to reach out to the consulate. You should be aware however, for immigration processes, sealing a criminal record does not remove the requirement to fully disclose a prior charge. Therefore, be aware of the phrasing of a question and answer it honestly (DS160, DS260, or questions from an immigration officer), such as "have you ever..."

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2024 at 5:08 PM, Attorney_22 said:

A final response from the consulate after a 221(g) can take from a few weeks to a few months (typically). At this time there is nothing you can do, but after a month the first step is to reach out to the consulate. You should be aware however, for immigration processes, sealing a criminal record does not remove the requirement to fully disclose a prior charge. Therefore, be aware of the phrasing of a question and answer it honestly (DS160, DS260, or questions from an immigration officer), such as "have you ever..."

How exactly can i reach out to the embassy? I tried calling them & emailing them but all they respond with is that they do not have an update nor the authority to give real time update. 
I even tried pushing them to release the passport since i have an upcoming trip that requires this passport but they could not help nor escalate this at all. 

Please advise.