Naturalization Family vs. Employment based?

Recommended Posts

I received my GC (based on H1-B/employment) over 5.5 years ago. Spouse is naturalized citizen (through family) for 10+ years. We got married over 7 years ago. Should I apply for naturalization via my spouse or based on my work? 

Link to comment

There is no such thing as naturalization "via spouse or "via work". If you qualify for naturalization on both the 5-year rule and 3-year rule, you should apply based on the 5-year rule, so you don't need to prove you are living in marital union, so the application will be simpler.

Edited by newacct
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.