AOS Applied/H1B extension question- urgent please reply

arkiid

Hi

i am EB2 India and my PD is 18-Sept-2006, which is current and applied AOS for me and my spouse. Biometrics are next week.

In meantime, my H1B is expiring Aug 23(6 years). Can someone please suggest/let me know the following

1. Should i renew my H1B (7th year) or just wait for EAD.

2. Can i legally stay since now that i have receipt notice for AOS.

3. How long does it take for EAD after biometrics.

4. How long does it take for I485 Approval after biometrics.

Please, gurus please reply, this is kind of urgent, since if i needed to, i have to apply for H1B extension next week itself.

Regards

Thanks pontevecchio and Belle.

I contacted my attorney and my attorney states that i cannot renew my H1B extension since my date is current. He suggested, to follow up with my local congressman/Senator to expedite EAD.

Also, one last question, my spouse is on H4 currently. And since we both have receipts for I485, can she stay here legally once her H4 expires on Aug-23, and can start working once we get our EAD.

Again, thanks a lot for the reply and would be eagerly waiting for response.

"And since we both have receipts for I485, can she stay here legally once her H4 expires on Aug-23, and can start working once we get our EAD."

Yes to both. Is Your Lawyer so aloof that you cannot ask him these questions? If Your EAD does not come in time you may have to stop work in between the last H1 date and the arrival of the EAD. Of course if your Employer is OK you can continue with him till you get the EAD as you have 180 days available. Next time write down every question you have and then ask the Lawyer. Too many combinations involved.

hi pontevecchio

"Of course if your Employer is OK you can continue with him till you get the EAD as you have 180 days available"

My attorney is not helpful, i ask him for suggestions and he replies with one word answer -Yes/No. So,i look in forums to get some knowledge by myself.

Can you please tell me what does it mean as per you suggestion, that i can work for 180 after expiry of my H1.

Archived