Move H1B visa to dependent under Spouse with green Card. EAD(I-130) or H4-EAD?


Recommended Posts

I am H1B holder. I got married in Colorado and hold marriage certificate and license. My husband is Indian and is a Green Card Holder. We intend to move my status to dependent and come out of my H1B completely. Do we file EAD through petition I-130? or H4-EAD ? H4? what will be the steps? Our objective is to ensure my un-interrupted stay in US , with a valid status.  Thanks for your response in advance.

Link to comment

File a Change of status to H4 using form I-539. You are allowed to stay till the status change which may take months.

File the H4 EAD with your change of status.

file your I-130.

The final action dates vs dates for filing may mean you cannot apply for the EAD associated with your I-130. I may be mistaken. If so, file the EAD and AP with your I-130.

Too many nuances in your situation and hence involving a lawyer may mean the fastest way possible.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.