out of status while married to USC

Recommended Posts


The US citizen can sponsor the spouse for a GC, and the spouse can file an I-485, even if the spouse is out of status due to an overstay. But the spouse should not leave the country until the I-485 is approved, because doing otherwise may trigger a 3 or 10-year ban.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.