Green Card processing for parents in India

DNate

I am USC and wanted to process parents green card after they got here with their New US Visa.  But since the old VISA has expired and the wait time for interview for a renewal USA Visitor VISA is over 2 years, can I start processing green card for them while they are in India?  What is the average wait time for getting the green card? 

A U.S. citizen can file an I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative on behalf of the individual’s parents. If the petition is approved, the beneficiary can apply for lawful permanent resident status (i.e., a green card).

If the beneficiary is lawfully present in the United States at the time of filing, then the beneficiary may concurrently file an I-485 application for adjustment of status (AOS). If the beneficiary is living abroad at the time of filing, then the petitioner will indicate “Consular Processing” on the form and the beneficiary will be required to apply for a green card at a U.S. consulate abroad upon approval of the I-130 petition.

Processing times for I-130 forms regularly change, but as of November 11, 2022, it may take anywhere from 10 to 16 months for USCIS to process the petition. Then expect additional processing at the National Visa Center prior to the scheduling of the immigrant visa interview.  

Every case is different. Therefore, prior to taking any specific action it is advisable to speak with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney as there are nuances to any situation and approach. https://www.murthy.com/client-services/hire-us/