Recommended Posts

I'm currently out of status and in the US. I was employed with a consultancy and my STEM OPT ended on 02/19/22 and my SEVIS ended on 04/21/22. They did help me with H1b and my H1b got picked and they had to file a petition, unfortunately which they didn't until the deadline. They updated me on this mid August 2022. 

Now I'm currently overstaying in the country and I am in an urgent need of help relating to how I can stay in the country other than marrying a US Citizen. I did consult a few lawyers and they mentioned Reinstatement is an option but the attorney's weren't sure if the reinstatement would be approved with the reason mentioned above. 

what can I do and what are my options at this point other than leaving or marrying a US Citizen? 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.