Question related to immediate relative GC Application

Recommended Posts


We are thinking of applying for my father's GC and he is in US right now on a B2 multiple entry visa. Few questions come to my mind related to his case:

1. We are planing to use his high school transcript as birth certificate. But it does not have Place of birth on it. Will that work

2. When my father entered US this spring, he forgot to fill an I--94 form.  We do have a stamp on the passport but no I-94 form. Will that be an issue?

3. Once we apply for change of status, can he overstay his B2 limit of 6 month per visit. Is there anything else we need to do here?

Thank you for helping us all with this forum and look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

F Chatiwala

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.