Green Card Process for Parents of US Citizens

Recommended Posts

It is not, but it is free, so why not? Both I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are free for I-485 applicants. So there is no harm in getting them even if she doesn't use them. An EAD will get her an SSN, which is useful for many things including taxes, banks, etc. (She will get an SSN when she gets her green card, but she might get it earlier with EAD.) In some states, she might need an EAD or green card to get a driver's license.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.