Expried Green card renewal for family member outside US

Recommended Posts

Posting this on behalf of my relative: My aunt needs to renew her GC which expired in 2015. The GC holder has been outside US from 2015 till date initially to take care of some health issues  and then we had demise of my uncle (her husband). My aunt is in India and wants to travel back to US.
1. Can she file for GC renewal application from India? Any complications given the green card has been expired for 7 years now?

2. Does the applicant needs to come on visitor visa to USA and then apply for renewal of GC from here?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.