H1B Picked but not submitted

Hello, 

I was one of the engineers laid off by Tesla last week. My H1B was picked this year, but I believe the application was not submitted to the USCIS. 

I am in talk with several companies, including Tesla and should have another job in few weeks. Following is my concern:

1. Because my H1B was picked but not submitted to the USCIS, did I lose my H1B lottery for this year? Is there a way this picked H1B could be leveraged in the new company when I join? or I will have to try my luck again next year in the lottery? 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, Prav997 said:

Hello, 

I was one of the engineers laid off by Tesla last week. My H1B was picked this year, but I believe the application was not submitted to the USCIS. 

I am in talk with several companies, including Tesla and should have another job in few weeks. Following is my concern:

1. Because my H1B was picked but not submitted to the USCIS, did I lose my H1B lottery for this year? Is there a way this picked H1B could be leveraged in the new company when I join? or I will have to try my luck again next year in the lottery? 

You will have to try your luck again next year in the lottery.  Good Luck.