Move back to US with approved I-140


Recommended Posts

I have an approved I-140. My current H1-B visa expires early next year which I can extend with my current employer if I stay here, but I may have to move to India for personal reasons before that. I have the following questions:
1) Is my approved I-140 still valid if I want to move back to US  after couple of years?
2) Can I use it then to file H1-B with an employer without going lottery?
3) If yes, does this mean that the process is the same as changing jobs in the US where the new company needs to file a new H1-B based on my approved I-140 to work in the US even though I may be in India then?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.