H1b Visa Transfer

Recommended Posts


Last year company A processed the H1b visa in  US for me. I got the visa stamping this Feb from India. But I didn't travel using that. But in the meantime, I got another opportunity from Company B and they are saying they will transfer the H1b visa from company A to company B. 


My questions are 

1) Is that possible to transfer the VISA from company A to company B without entering USA.

2) If company B starts the Visa transfer process then at what point company a will be notified.

3) If company A comes to know about the VISA transfer process after transferring the VISA will they take any action against me.

4) If the VISA transfer is rejected/denied then still my existing VISA  is valid?









Link to comment

1) An H-1B transfer is essentially a new application that is not cap-subject. If you can prove a previous approval (i.e., receipt number, copy of I-797), the new employer can transfer the H-1B even if you have yet to enter the country.

2) Company A will be notified by you.

3) Company A's action depends upon the agreement you have signed with them.

4) Yes

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.