H1B - home US state and work US state different

Hello Everyone,

So my H1B visa was approved on Oct 2021 and I started working on day 1. I am working as a consultant and the company that sponsored my visa is in Ohio. However, I am living in New York.  My job is 100% remote. Couple questions.

1) For the purposes of H1B, is it okay that I am living and working from NY, while my company is in Ohio. Or would you recommend me moving to ohio? I am thinking of going to stamping in 6months. To rephrase my question is it okay that the address on my paystub is NY address, while my company  is in ohio. 

2) I am also in the process of filing for EB1A. Would this address situation affect my green card process. 

3) The other thing is that I have some famly friends who live in ohio. If you advice that I have an ohio address on my paystub. Can I just provide my family friends address to me used  on my paystub, while I still live in NY.

I would prefer to stay in NY  (since my family is here) while working for the company in Ohio. Any advice or thoughts would be great. 

Your H1b which is approved in October 2021 is connected with an LCA.  Your employer would have sent you a copy of the LCA.   Please check this LCA, on page 3 (or page no. 7 if it exists) to see if  your remote New York home address is mentioned on it. If yes, then you are good. 

In case your employer has forgotten to send you an LCA, then contact HR and ask for the LCA.  In case you decide to go for stamping in six months, you will need to keep a copy of this LCA with you.  Good Luck.

Edited by Zodiac System