1-140 downgrade pending more than 180 days and EB3 priority date retrogressed scenarios

Recommended Posts


Eb3 forward movement last year and retrogression this year created many new unanswered scenarios.

Scenario) Company A filed Eb2-Eb3 downgrade in Nov/2020 (I 140 downgrade is pending, EAD and I 131 is approved). Currently I am working for Company A who filed my downgrade and holding my H1B. I have not started using EAD still on H1b. I am with Company A from past several years and have very good professional terms. Only filing date was current when downgrade was filed in Nov/2020.

Since I-140 downgrade is taking longer than expected almost 365 days and if I get good job opportunities what is the safest route to join company B without compromising Approved EAD/AP and pending I-140 downgrade application? Do I have to transfer my H1B to new company or can I use EAD and file I-1485J when joining new company B? Or Don't progress at all in career just stick to the current employer for another decade hoping for priority date to become current?

Note: "If you have a pending or approved form I-140 and pending form I-485 more than 180 days we can change job" is stated on EAD approval notice  

I request an attorney to respond to this scenario.

Thank you 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.