user_matrix Posted October 26, 2021 Report Share Posted October 26, 2021 Hello, Earlier this month, I got my and my wife's 485 approved. My employer had also filed for I-765 and I-131 along with 485, but they are still in pending status. My current h1b (and my wife's h4) expired in last week for September., and my employer had filed for its extension, and that is also still in pending status. I had also filed for my wife's h4 ead (I-765) using the reciept number of my pending H1B, and last week I got an rfe From uscis asking for proof of my wife's h4 status and mine h1B status (which is no longer the case) So even if I have my 485 approved, I have about 7 applications in pending status for both me and my wife combined 485 related: 2 I-765, 2 I-131 H1b related: 1 h1b, 1 H4 and 1 H4 ead (I-765) My question is, - Should I insist in getting these pending petitions withdrawn via my employer/attorneys? May be ask USCIS to at least withdraw h1b and h4 petitions if not all? Our attorney suggested that these petitions will be denied, but it will not be a prejudicial, and should not be impacting my future immigration related petitions. For my wife's h4 ead though, regardless, I am thinking of sending a rfe response myself asking USCIS to withdraw it. Quote Link to comment
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.