L1B to L1A Conversion - Expected Managerial Experience prior to filing

Hi All,

I am currently employed in US through L1B visa. I do have any prior managerial experience both in US and abroad.  My company is ready to sponsor L1B to L1A conversion. I am preparing for the documents including organization chart with proposed US employees who would work under my supervision. The key point is Currently no one is working under my supervision and I am not performing any managerial role. I would become manager only after my L1A conversion petition is approved by USCIS. Could you please clarify whether my L1A conversion petition would get approved only based on the proposed managerial duties (in the future) ? OR Should I become manager in US and get some managerial experience in US  (while on L1B) for some months prior to apply for L1A conversion ? Please advise. Thanks in advance. 

On 10/9/2021 at 6:20 PM, Gayathri888 said:

The key point is Currently no one is working under my supervision and I am not performing any managerial role.

This says all.

----------------------------------------------------------

I would say thoroughly review the criteria for your future role and visa class application and then proceed.

I did a simple google search and look at the first result...there are enough pointers to answer your questions. Also, for transfer- your employer attorney can guide you through possibility of successful transfer.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/l-1a-intracompany-transferee-executive-or-manager

Good luck

Edited by Leavemessageh1b
edit