Parents Green Card Process- Birth and Marriage Certificates are not available

Recommended Posts

My parents are in the mid 70es and living in India.  I want to start their green card process and initiate the I-130 form as the first step.

I come to know that they need birth and marriage certificates which they don't have. There is no elder left who can provide an affidavit as a supporting document. This might be a common situation I believe with many of the followers/individuals of this forum.

Please share your thoughts if you sailed in the same boat at some point in the past or know how to cross this hurdle in order to get my parents I130 followed by I-485 submission with proper documentation.

Any information or valuable insight would be highly appreciated.




Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.