Name Change before applying Passport/n-600


Recommended Posts


My wife, I and my 16 year old son are all Green card holders. Me and my wife have recently finished our citizenship interview and got scheduled for oath ceremony. we understand once we become citizens , our son becomes citizen and we can apply for our son's passport along with us.

Question :- Our son has 21 characters in his first name and full first name never been able to print in any documents here(green card, ssn). We are thinking about changing his first name so that it can fit in going forward.

So, is it possible to change his name before we apply his passport? we are willing to file n-600 also

If so, what is the process and how do we proceed.

Thanks for your time! 



Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.