H1 Extension - Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed

Hi All

I worked in USA for more than seven years in H1B Visa. I got stuck in india while traveled for personal reasons.   My current H1-B Petition valid till October 2021.  Meanwhile  I  got offer from another Company in USA and they submitted the H1 transfer / extension in premium while i am in india. 

USCIS changed case status as  "Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed" .  I checked with Attorney he said "USCIS will not accept a request for extension of status while you are out of the United States so we may need to provide a new  document requesting for approval. "

what could be wrong in initial H1 petition submitted ?

Can we transfer / extend my H1-B while i am outside of USA ?   What type of H1-B petition to extend / transfer the H1 while i am out of status. 

Note:

I have approved I-140 to extend H1B for more than 6 years. 

Appreciate all the comments.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:17 AM, kumar_2021 said:

what could be wrong in initial H1 petition submitted ?

They clearly answered that and you've also highlighted that in you post "USCIS will not accept a request for extension of status while you are out of the United States". 

Can we transfer / extend my H1-B while i am outside of USA ?

You are going in loop.......you already tried and they said no, that's the reason you posted this question.

What type of H1-B petition to extend / transfer the H1 while i am out of status. 

None or not the kind you have. IMO possible if extension beyond 6 years is requested based on approved i-140 but not transfer while you're out of country.

• 1 month later...