porting PD date is an issue

SESam

Hi Experts... I have a question on my green card filing. The company I was with before initiated the process for me in Oct 2007 and I got my I140 approved with them. I left the company and joined another one. Now my current employer is initiating the process for me but to port the old dates my employer needs the I140 approval notice, whereas I only have I140 receipt notice with me. Can I use that along with the web approval from USCIS website or do I have to provide the aprroval notice. My previous employer didnot respond to my request on providing the approval notice and I dont think he will. Can someone please advice me whether the docs I have in my pocession are worth for using old dates. I have not much time in hand to file for FOIA..Thanks in advance for any advice

Hello Experts,

Even I have the same problem. Have approved I-140 from my previous employer but he is not giving me

I-140 approved copy.

I only have receipt number SRC######### number and can see online that my I-140 has been approved.

Will filing G-369 to FOIA can help????? Do they send approved copy of I-140???

• 3 years later...

Hi Experts... I have a question on my green card filing. The company I was with before initiated the process for me in Oct 2007 and I got my I140 approved with them. I left the company and joined another one. Now my current employer is initiating the process for me but to port the old dates my employer needs the I140 approval notice, whereas I only have I140 receipt notice with me. Can I use that along with the web approval from USCIS website or do I have to provide the aprroval notice. My previous employer didnot respond to my request on providing the approval notice and I dont think he will. Can someone please advice me whether the docs I have in my pocession are worth for using old dates. I have not much time in hand to file for FOIA..Thanks in advance for any advice

HI SeSAM/All. 

If you or  any one else who had able to port the date using only receipt # only .

I have confirmed old PD , case number and receipt number only (no approval notice) , and  my old date is current now , and with  good chances of indian EB2 gets retrogress the next month (have filled FOIA , but it will take minimum a month to get a response),  I am contemplating to take the risk for PD porting .

Any advise or personal experience , appreciated .

Archived