Joining Client as full time employee on H1B

I am currently in India and working for Company A as full time employee. Company A has done my H1B. Company A has deployed me to work for client B.

Client B is very impressed with my work. They are working with my company A to bring me onsite. I have good relations with client B and so client B has told me they will hire me once i am in USA.

I am not sure if this is possible and if yes then how quickly. Can company A ask me to sign non-compete clause before moving to USA? Can i still join client B if i sign non compete clause? what are the other important points i have to take care for smooth move to client B.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:04 AM, prachi14 said:

Can i still join client B if i sign non compete clause?

Legally No, and depends upon what is in the agreement. Almost every professional from service company who lands in US tries to join with client, with proper diligence and good relation with your manager or HR one can do it. 

Can company A ask me to sign non-compete clause before moving to USA?

Almost every company does, its standard practice now.

what are the other important points i have to take care for smooth move to client B.

These will depends on type of entity A and B and various factors. If you are serious about the move, it will be good to involve an actual professional who has experience in areas of labor/legal areas then relying on advise from public forum